Tuesday 25 June 2013

The story of my experiments with truth

Madhu Sagar
‘I had picked up Gandhiji autobiography from one of the railway stations on my way to Ambala’ said Madhu Sagar of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) in Mumbai and could not put it down till I finished reading it. I decided to bring about three changes in my life immediately. Being truthful, walking everyday and sticking to a simple diet, Sagar recollected. According to her everyone should read the autobiography, especially about his experiments with diet and see the impact on their health also.  Gandhiji inspires people to change and that too only for Rs.40/-, as this is how much Gandhiji’s autobiography costs.  I had met Madhu during my lecture at BPCL on June 18, 2013.  
‘My life is my message’ Mahatma Gandhi had said. Over six decades after his death, his story continues to be an inspiration. His autobiography, ‘The Story of my Experiments with Truth’ generates an average annual royalty between 35-40 lakh and is a best seller that continues to inspire people. Each page one turns, there is a message for self improvement. Gandhi had willed all copy writes of his writings to Navajivan Trust and also decreed that 25% of earnings from sale and royalty of his books should be given annually to Harijan Sewak Sangh for the welfare of Harijans. 

Apart from the autobiography, Navajivan Trust publishes over 600 books and writings by the Mahatma, which add to the revenue generated to his name. Mahatma Gandhi continues to be relevant to the society and its people, not only nationally but also globally. It is time we wake up to our rights and responsibility and make a difference to the society as Gandhi did in his time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment